A week of cooking inspired by what I’ve seen on Pinterest starts today. I am quickly getting addicted to Pinterest so when I was planning this week’s menu I decided to only cook things I’ve pinned. Lunch today is a really easy but unusual egg salad which will stay in the fridge and give me a high veggie, high protein lunch for the next couple of days. I think it will make a yummy sandwich filling too.
I played around with the recipe I found (as always) but love the combination of the slaw and eggs – something I’d never thought of before.
1 bunch of kale, shredded as finely as you can
half a head of red cabbage, shredded finely
6 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon of Dijon (I’m a mustard obsessive so maybe half this if you’re not)
half a cup of plain yoghurt (low fat is fine or you can use mayo)
Salt and Pepper
A handful of chopped Italian Parsley (‘Flat leaf’ in the UK)
4 finely chopped green onions (‘spring onions’)
Optional – 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds or sunflower seeds, a pinch of chili flakes
1. Mix everything except the eggs together in a large bowl until everything is coated with the yoghurt and mustard
2. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed
3. Fold through the chopped eggs
4. Serve as is or with toasted bread
5. Cover any leftovers, keep in the fridge then eat within 3-4 days